Thursday 19 February 2015

Going Google

This'll be a short one tonight. I've hit the wall and it's taken me 20 minutes just to write these few short paragraphs. Instead of writing dribble I'll cut it short. I've also been distracted by chatting to a close friend  and I'm going to include that in my 28 minutes because keeping in touch when you've moved away is important.  However, I've got some things to look forward to.

I've heard that my new school is venturing into the world of google apps for Education and I'm just so excited about it. I didn't realise how much I would miss it as a way of working and collaborating. I even have my own little chromebook that I love. 

They are going to start small with the staff so there'll be a team of early adopters and I'm going to help them out. More stuff that I love: a team to work with, collaboration and curriculum development. Hopefully a few will come on board before I leave so I can be of use. It's important to me to feel like I'm of use to the school, not just to my students. I love that idea that together we learn from each other and can work on a common goal. 

So, lets go google, they don't know what they've been missing.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that as there are more and more new spaces in teaching, the previous pedagogies need to be examined, and the way teachers and learners use technology is at the forefront of that. Good to hear that the fire of educational innovation still burns in you, Di!

    ReplyDelete